Tuesday, February 12, 2008

whew!!

we're exhausted. the baby is a pretty good sleeper, but has his fussy moments of course. my wife is taking care of him while i'm at work. it's especially tough because his brother who is a very active, soon to be 3yr old it's been rough on her, so i've been helping as best as i can by taking the night shift so she can sleep. i think i'm averaging about 3 hours of sleep a night. but we're keeping our sense of humor, so that helps. our 3yr old is very challenging at times. he is always in go mode. he has an amazing amount of energy!

i've been in a not so safe space lately. i've been finding all kinds of great music!! paypal....ahhh...so easy. click here, click there, next thing you know i've got a new album on my mp3 player!! the average price for the albums are $10. too easy!! i'm amped about these albums, they've been edifying for me.

if you know a christian or anyone who is listening to secular hip hop, put them on to some of these artists. i have a friend who i think this kind of music could benefit. my hope is that it could cause him to possibly examine himself. i've been thinking of making a mix cd for him. he has about an hour plus ride to and from work and i could hook him up. the funny thing is he's the one who played the cross movement's holy culture cd for me. i think that was back in '03. i've been hooked since and this music was a breath of fresh air. it also caused me to re-examine where i was in my walk and to reflect on how serious i was taking it. of course the music is a supplement. God's word is the meal. for me, His word was in me from how my parents raised me, from getting saved at a young age and from being a bible quizzer for 4 yrs (i'll admit it was mostly about winning the quiz meets back then). hearing it in rap form was the gravy. so, anyway here's a few of the artists, keep my friend in prayer.

the novelist - spoken word
hansoul - Jesus Saves
cehah - color outside the lines
phanatik - crime and consequences
the yuinon genocide; the sequal-
lesun - the kiss album; keep it short and simple

i'm waiting on shai linne's "the atonement" and redeemed thought's "truth, beauty, goodness" also. i found a few free mixtapes too, mostly through myspace. maybe if i get the time/and or energy, i'll post some links one day.

i also got mercyme's all "all that is within me" and "coming up to breath". very nice cds, i really like coming up to breath, i've had that for awhile, all that is within me is a more recent purchase. i love their music. i'm pretty sure adrianne archie's cd, "he that hath an ear, let him hear" will be my next pickup. it came out in '06, but is very good. another Christ glorifying cd.

ok, the newest member is waking up for his next feed. gotta run

No comments: