Thursday, July 08, 2004

feeling a little better


feeling a little less violent today. heh. i got pretty upset by the end of the day yesterday. i actually had a few beers with "coach" and the new tech lead at the bar across the street after work. "Coach", is the cow that was driving me nuts yesterday. me and another cow gave him that nickname to kinda ease the stress and frustration of him always trying to tell us how to handle issues. we actually get a good laugh outta that one. anyway we had a coupla drinks and he brought up something about work that set me off and by the time i was leaving for home (we were there less than an hour) i was dropping the F bomb and basically saying f**k everybody. i had to remind a driver of the pedistrian right of way rules, i.e., when we're in between the BIG YELLOW LINES, you're supposed to stop and let us cross. i said something to him w/o even realizing that i had said it to him and his response was "ahh whatever". and its a good thing i was talking to my sis on my cell at the time or it coulda got real ugly since i was already heated. we were in our site's parking lot, so he had no excuse, its not like we were out in the street. but anyway the nite kinda got worse, it was just a bad day overall.
i missed my commuter rail train cuz we waited a half hour for the subway train to get to us. we being me and coach. and i pretty much blasted off about our so-called "team lead" and his approach with us and just how things go here till we went our seperate ways. i didn't end up getting home till just about 9:30, TWO hours later than normal. M called me while i was stewing about missing my train and we made arrangements for her to pick me up at another station and to call her when i was halfway there. well my cellphone died before i could call her and i didn't have any money on me so i had to call my sis collect and she put us on 3 way calling and called M and let her know i was at the station. i had to wait another half hour for her to come and get me. by the time M picked me up i was numb with anger and frustration. we'd spoken earlier in the day and i was pretty upset when we spoke about how coach was driving me nuts. then missing my train just added to it. so it was just a bad day. by the time she got to me i barely even wanted to speak, and i definetly didn't want to talk about the events of the day any more.
but i have real life concerns outside of work and so the bullshit that goes on at work has to be put in its place, at least that's the attitude for today. i feel kinda bad for getting so heated yesterday but at the same time i had to let off some steam. as for the attitude today, its just let me do my job, don't harass me about anything. you do your thing and i'll do mine. you do and i'll do me. i'm gonna cya (cover my ass) with everything i do here so no one can point any fingers at me about anything. i'll over do it if necessary. so far the day is going much better and i'm trying to have a better attitude, which i usually have. they just drive you crazy here sometimes. later

listening to :soulstar
by musiqsoulchild


No comments: