Monday, February 04, 2008

wow...it's been awhile

where to start? so much has been going. we had the baby on jan 14. he was 8lbs 13 ounces 21 inches long. he is beautiful and we feel very blessed to have a second child. his name is aaron elijah.


as most newborns do, he has been taking up most of our time and energy. my 1st son has enough energy for 2 kids, so it has been a challenge to say the least. my wife is worn out and we're both exhausted. we don't have any family around so it's just us. we do have good relationships with two of our neighbors, so they help, but it's not the same as having family.

my 1st son has been doing very well with his new little brother and has been very sweet to him, kissing him and hugging him. trying to comfort him when he cries, but he's almost 3 and is used to being the center of attention. i think he's starting to feel a little differently now that he sees that is little brother needs alot of attention and it sometimes means he will have to wait to get what he wants. its tough. he's also the kinda kid that has tons of energy and needs to be re-directed alot. he's strong willed, which isn't a bad thing, but needs direction as most 3yrs olds do.

between him and my newborn, we're exhausted. last week i got 7 hours of sleep in a 3 day period. i'm still at work, i only got the first week off, haven't been at this job long enough to get maternity leave. so my wife has both of them for the majority of the day, then i come home and help out. fortunately, i have tons of experience with my 1st so that helped with me knowing what to do when it comes to feeding him, changing diapers, all that good stuff.

i'm at work now, and it's the only time i can sit and blog right now. way too much going on at home. i'll be back with an update on how things have been going spiritually and any other updates i can think of.

5 comments:

Karuna said...

dear uncommon1...such a lovely gift...congratulations. Im soooo happy for you. I can sure understand the excitement and exhaustion.
Definitely there's nothing like family. My parents returned in Jan and im on my own during the day taking care of my twins..it sure takes a lot of time. Hubby goes to work so I get help only in the evenings.
Yet I take joy in the now...for I know it will soon pass..

Take care
COngratulations to you and your wife once again.

=Godzheart

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the both of you.Not having help is hard, but God will carry you both through.

He is sooo cute.
And little bro will start feeling left out, and soon realize this little bundle is staying. Be prepared for this.

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late, but yay! Congratulations! And he is sooo beautiful :) Praise God for another baby :)

uncommon1 said...

thanks jenn...i hope to update this thing soon. been real busy at work and home, didn't think anyone was still checkin in.

uncommon1 said...

thanks to everyone that left a comment. i can't remember if i left responses on your blogs, but thanks and sorry i'm just getting back to responding now.