Friday, January 27, 2006

you say it's your birtday da da da da da da


remember that scene from sixteen candles? lol....funny movie. anyway tomorrow is my birthday and nothing big is planned. i usually keep that day pretty low key anyway. funds are extremlely low this year so a card will probably be the extent of any gifts i might get. its funny though, i'm usually pretty amped for my birthday and this year i've hardly had time to think about it, or it doesn't "feel" like my birthday is right around the corner. it's cool though, i'll get a call from my sister wishing me a happy birthday and maybe an email from one of my long time friends. i've actually known him since the 7th or 8th grade. tomorrow is also a basketball day so i'm glad i'll get to play some ball, maybe even work out later in the day and possibly treat myself to a cd or two. there are quite a bit of cd's i wanna get. i know there's a good chance the Christian bookstore i go to will have Rewind, Flame's latest cd. i usually get my Cross Movement cd's from this store and he's on their label. i also wanna order "Killing Sin" by Timothy Brindle over at Lampmode Recordings . I actually want to get his first joint, "The Great Awakening" and of course i want Shai Linne's cd "The Solus Christus Project". all in due time. hopefully my money situation will improve before they run out of cds. although i've seen it for sale at other sites. all of the cd's have gotten great reviews and i've heard other songs from these artists. i love their music, lyrical content and the way they preach the gospel through their music with no fear. from the one review i read and other reviews people have given about timothy's killing sin album, he goes right at the sin that we as christians have in our lives and how it is something we have to deal with, read here: Killing Sin.
slowly but surely i'm changing my collection of music. i also hope to start getting some rhythm and praise, some gospel and contemporary stuff, so i can have a wide variety of Christ-centered music. ok, back to work.