Wednesday, March 15, 2006

soo...tired

i'm tired today. didn't get to bed until after 1 am. although i did take about a 2 hour nap when i put the baby down for sleep last nite, the problem was it was about 10 o'clock and my wife woke me up at 12 am, cuz i was still dressed and the baby needed to be put in his crib. my poor little man is not feeling good, has some kind of bug. he threw up (projectile) monday night, then threw up again a little later while i was cleaning up the first spill. he was vommitting quite a bit again yesterday and my wife says today he's got diarrhea pretty bad. she hasn't been feeling too hot either, for the past two weeks. she's got two teeth that need to come out, i was calling her the godfather last week cuz her face was swollen pretty bad. she's in alot of pain and has been taking some pain medication that knocks her out, the pain also makes her wanna sleep. as a result of the two of them not feeling good i haven't been going to the gym. ugh. part of me hasn't been in the mood, but thats mostly due to the fact that my wife had an exam last week and when ever a big exam comes up she needs to study for a few days with her study group and they work on preparing till late night. dad needs to stay home with the baby and when she does get home it's usually pretty late and i'd end up leaving the gym at midnite, i'd stay up till 1 am, then have to be up by 6 am at the latest. and that is not condusive to growth. i need the rest along with the gym time to get stronger and bigger. i've done it before, staying in the gym till midnite, but it catches up with me, and could eventually lead to injury.

speaking of which, i pulled something playing bball last saturday, i think it's a very high calf strain. but its hard to tell cuz the pull is so deep, i can't even feel it on the outside by pressing on the area. it's behind my right knee and if i stand on my toes i can kinda feel it. i felt a little something when i went up for a layup during a game, but of course, me being me i played through it. it wasn't very painful and there hasn't been alot of pain since, more soreness than anything. i may not play this saturday to give it another week of rest. but that slows me down in the gym, cuz i can't do calf work, or at least i'm leary of it right now and calves are a stubborn area for me, although they've improved greatly. so i'm kinda bummin about not being in the gym more consistently right now, but hopefully that'll change soon. i was hoping march would be a good month for making some gains, but such is life. it'll be nice when the wife and baby are feeling better. i can't get myself to leave them to go workout. i could go, but its a long day for mom when she's not feeling well and the baby isn't and she's dealing with him by herself most of the day. so i come in to relieve the best i can. but like i said, hopefully they'll start feeling better soon. my sister is supposed to be coming up to visit the 1st week of april, i'd like to be in real good shape since we've talked about my workout goals. i'm not worried and of course you can only do so much in two weeks, just don't wanna talk a big game and not back it up. but considering she hasn't seen me in over a year, she should see a difference between now and then. ok, i'm rambling. enough for now.

No comments: