Tuesday, July 19, 2005

God's Sovereignty

i wonder if God still works with us even when we're struggling. what i mean is romans 8:28-29 says "28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers." but what about when those He's called are struggling? Jesus said that "if you love me you will obey what i command" John 14:7. but what about when you're in a place where obedience is hard for you? meaning that you're losing in the battle against flesh, you try but lose out.



the NIV says that this is when Jesus was promising the Holy Spirit to the
disciples. He makes the statement again in verse 22 - "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."



so again the question would be, does God still work for the good of those who love Him when it seems like it's a daily struggle to keep your mind clean? are we not relying on the Holy Spirit in that case? is there a concrete way to know when the Holy Spirit is working in you? is it automatic? you accept Christ and recieve the Holy Spirit? i guess these are questions not a question.



these are things that run through my mind. what sux is having the desire to live for God and still stumbling and tripping and falling over yourself. how do you let go and let God?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. awning